It's been a while since I posted photos related to my hobby photography. Since I only got a Canon EOS 750QD circa 90s, and a cheap digicam, I've been limited into short range shooting, and pale color output, I basically use Adobe Photoshop, just to acquire my desired image contrast.

One thing I usually do is to adjust the curves and levels of the photo to pop the image out, or the other way round, rendering with the help of my Photoshop Filters.

Topaz' PS Filter is a great way to set the contrast in your photos with a popping effect.
The package offers great photo effect template and manual sliders for the colors and contrast. It's good to experiment with its interface, that's why I found myself manipulating and processing photos again after a long hiatus.

Although I need to acquire some more skills about shooting and processing, I know, i'm in the process of learning, and hopefully learn some additional basic skills.

This one was shot from Tropicana Beach Resort, somewhere here in Gensan. To add more dramatic effect, I turned it into black and white, and set the contrast high enough to distingush the two shades with the use of curves. To tweak more of it, I pop the image using Topaz.

This is the road to Panabo, Davao del Norte. Since the original output of this one is pale, and the sky was so clear, where you can barely see clouds on it, I decided to turn it into a black and white photo, and added a crisp on the photo using the same filter.


7 comments:

  1. Rammyboi on March 8, 2009 at 8:10 AM

    nice photos! you had expressed the emotions of the picture in an interesting manner.! nax! mura kog korek! (LOL)

     
  2. Anonymous on March 8, 2009 at 8:18 AM

    as usual, maganda pa rin ang pics. grabe. hindi kumukupas.. kahit siguro, hndi mo in-edit yung pics, maganda pa rin.. :D

     
  3. Anonymous on March 8, 2009 at 3:12 PM

    is it easy to use? i tried to open it kaya lang naintimidate ako ng home page nya. :)

     
  4. Tanchi on March 8, 2009 at 6:05 PM

    kg: try using its filter. ok naman.:) pangdagdag drama sa photo. kaso it has its own trial version.

     
  5. Anonymous on March 10, 2009 at 4:13 AM

    hmmm... first pic sa tropicana ? parang familiar yang semento na yan... I think ito yan

    http://www.leonardpe.com/2008/11/into-the-mist/

     
  6. Anonymous on March 10, 2009 at 5:57 AM

    @leonard pe: yes..:) as usual...the best tlga ang shot mo:)

     
  7. escape on March 12, 2009 at 10:09 AM

    good job tanchi. you prove it here that it's not always on the camera. most of the time it's in the eye and a little of modifications.

     

I Blog

kristan jan franco

kristan jan franco

Notify Me

Subscribe


Enter your email address:

Recieve Updates from A Southern Shutter

Externals

yabang pinoy proudlypinoy filipina images advertise through entrecard mybloglog community photoshop tutorials google your way! my friendster account my photostream stock photographies mindanao business community have a blog!

Followers

My Microblog


Plurk lang ang pahinga

Flickr Stream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

My Community

Featured Site


Free Entrecard Generator

Blogroll

RANDOM BLOGS

PHOTOBLOGS

SOCCSKSARGEN BLOGGERS

Free Spots

Adverts

Ejunk
Ejunk
Ejunk

Site Stats

Page Rank Check
Top Blogs
Photoblog
TopOfBlogs
Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines




Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Photography Art Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Blogs Haven - SEO Friendly Blog Directory
Online User/s