I am bored this time, so i'll just share my favorite tutorial I used to do back then. Grunging a simple font, basically we will use Adobe Photoshop of any version sa long as we have the font style, Impact, and we have grunge brushes.

Tutorial: cool font out of a usual font using brushes.


First step: open a new document with a size of 600x600 px
Second step: set the colors into #072c46 and #0d4974. respectively the colors are blue and a much darker blue
it depends on you if you choose other color, but for my template I use the scheme blue
.
Then go to FILTER>RENDER>CLOUDS... This should be the output



Third Step:
on the working area type in your desired word or phrases with the font style impact:
this time, I use monkey monitor and change it with the color #c6dff1
Fourth Step: duplicate the font and rasterize the duplicated one while hiding the original copy (the one serves as a copy if we made mistakes into the duplicated one)

Fifth Step: select burn, or press "o" in the keyboard, and choose "burn", then burn the edges of the rasterized font

we now create the "make-over font"
  • choose grunge brushes on your eraser brush palette, if you have no grunge brush you can download it at deviantart.com
  • be sure not to select the brush tool but the eraser tool
  • erase thouroughly the edge of the font while slowly making a cool view
  • there you go, you have now a grunge font using only impact font stlye
  • on my preview, I used other stlyle including the square below the "m",for more interesting font, but for the basics we need only the grunge brush and the font impact

0 comments:

I Blog

kristan jan franco

kristan jan franco

Notify Me

Subscribe


Enter your email address:

Recieve Updates from A Southern Shutter

Externals

yabang pinoy proudlypinoy filipina images advertise through entrecard mybloglog community photoshop tutorials google your way! my friendster account my photostream stock photographies mindanao business community have a blog!

Followers

My Microblog


Plurk lang ang pahinga

Flickr Stream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

My Community

Featured Site


Free Entrecard Generator

Blogroll

RANDOM BLOGS

PHOTOBLOGS

SOCCSKSARGEN BLOGGERS

Free Spots

Adverts

Ejunk
Ejunk
Ejunk

Site Stats

Page Rank Check
Top Blogs
Photoblog
TopOfBlogs
Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines




Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Photography Art Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Blogs Haven - SEO Friendly Blog Directory
Online User/s