Weekend Trip at Davao

by Tanchi | 11:16 PM in |

It was already 6 am when I felt that someone is waking me up, finally I realize that it was my mom ditching again my sleepyhead. Waking up from a frequent moodswing the other night was hard, and I was not in the mood again to stand up and fix my things.


My dad had just arrived from Cagayan de Oro, he's always travelling to the other part of the country. I really don't know whats the point of strolling and visiting Davao, I just agreed to go with them, what else could I do, if I know that the best part of it is, another allowance?

8 am when we started packing our things for a one-day visit in Davao. My dad was working in a Coca-Cola Company, giving the us the reason to be in the largest city many times, and the fact that we would just visit their and stroll around their large and cozy places. One thing I never forgot in visiting Davao when I was a kid was the Mcdo Chicken, the first time I've tasted it.

Later on we realized that we haven't took our breakfast, so the best thing to do while travelling was to order foods through the Jollibee's "drive-thru", t'was never been hard.

After a 2-hour travel we finally arrived, and I was pissed off by the behavior of my digicam, on and off habit while having empty and grounded batteries, the reason why I haven't documented things most of the time. Fortunately, I captured some. Then, the mall-strolling started.

The photos I captured in VGA can explain our experiences in Davao. Sorry for the low resolution though:
My excited sister (sorry no shot for my bro and my mom)

My dad busy concentrating on the road

another branch of Gaisano Mall aside from Gensan (sorry for the bad shot, the car is moving)

Rosary at the car

Davao Central High School (correct me if this is a Chinese school?)

One thing I'll never forget (bottomless Iced tea)

I've got a shirt from Mr. Bean and a black skinny jeans

...and a "Sperm Monkeys" shirt by Flush Art

The last day:

starting the day with tocino, fried egg, and a java rice at Dimsum Diners.

See, it makes me smile after the meal.

On the way home, getting a peek at the "Pomelos" (too bad I forgot the durian)

A stall with varieties of fruit along the highway

The monochrome odd shots:

"Window-knockers" as they call them, on a burger stand.
An empty billboard


14 comments:

  1. yourtruebrand on November 23, 2008 at 6:25 PM

    yey! nice shots! hope I can have a camera same as yours. :D

     
  2. Victor Kiu on November 23, 2008 at 7:02 PM

    Great shot!! Where is this? Philippine?

     
  3. Anonymous on November 23, 2008 at 7:16 PM

    wa... it looks like a very nice trip, tanchi! great shots

     
  4. Anonymous on November 24, 2008 at 5:45 AM

    ui, you were in davao? that's my second home... was there last oct 31-nov3... that's my annual get away...:)
    have you tasted durian? not everybody like it, but they say "smells like hell, but tastes like heaven"... :)

     
  5. Tanchi on November 24, 2008 at 5:37 PM

    di ko gustong kumain ng durian eh..haha
    yeah..un din ung get away place namin:)
    salamt

     
  6. Anonymous on November 25, 2008 at 10:25 PM

    Hello!

    Just started reading your blog and will be clicking more of the archives.

    Question, where did you buy the Mr. Beans shirt here in Davao? I'm always on the lookout for cute and funny shirts for my 2 brothers and the shirts you got are perfect for them. Thanks!

    Keep on blogging!

     
  7. Tanchi on November 25, 2008 at 10:49 PM

    i recently bought the bean shirt at SN..dun sa mga pang-females na part:) (kakahiya nun..)

     
  8. Mackay on November 26, 2008 at 2:12 AM This comment has been removed by the author.  
  9. Anonymous on November 26, 2008 at 2:13 AM

    Sorry, SN? San un. You mean SM? Hehehe.

     
  10. Tanchi on November 26, 2008 at 3:53 AM

    haha..oo nga nu..di ko nmalayan na maling spelling pala:)
    soree:)

     
  11. Anonymous on November 26, 2008 at 2:49 PM

    I love Davao! My favorite flower is sunflowers..an did you notice that they grow by the roadside sa Davao? Beautiful!

     
  12. Anonymous on November 26, 2008 at 3:38 PM

    hah! naa diay sunflowers along of my city? saan iyon? hehehehe! oy, i love you Davao pics. makalingaw.

     
  13. Tanchi on November 26, 2008 at 7:44 PM

    parang di ako lumalabas ng kotse:)
    all are from inside shots:)

     
  14. Tanchi on November 26, 2008 at 7:48 PM

    except the foods:) and shirt

     

I Blog

kristan jan franco

kristan jan franco

Notify Me

Subscribe


Enter your email address:

Recieve Updates from A Southern Shutter

Externals

yabang pinoy proudlypinoy filipina images advertise through entrecard mybloglog community photoshop tutorials google your way! my friendster account my photostream stock photographies mindanao business community have a blog!

Followers

My Microblog


Plurk lang ang pahinga

Flickr Stream

www.flickr.com
This is a Flickr badge showing items in a set called Photography. Make your own badge here.

My Community

Featured Site


Free Entrecard Generator

Blogroll

RANDOM BLOGS

PHOTOBLOGS

SOCCSKSARGEN BLOGGERS

Free Spots

Adverts

Ejunk
Ejunk
Ejunk

Site Stats

Page Rank Check
Top Blogs
Photoblog
TopOfBlogs
Photoblogs - Top Blogs Philippines




Photography Art Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Photography Art Blogs - Blog Catalog Blog Directory

Blogs Haven - SEO Friendly Blog Directory
Online User/s